Why You Need a Reliable Workplace Accident Lawyer
Our law firm strongly believes in providing justice to those who are most vulnerable. In the US, workers’ compensation is designated to provide employees with benefits and medical care in the event of a work-related injury or illness as well as to assist the dependents of a person who dies from a work-related incident. No state’s system is perfect, and many times the insurance loopholes result in denial when help is needed most. As a workers’ comp lawyer in Texas and New Mexico, Javier Martinez, Jr. P.C. will advocate for your rights and ensure your claim is not be denied without a fair fight.
How Being Injured or Wrongfully Terminated Can Complicate Your Life
There are many life events that shape our future. One of the worst circumstances you can find yourself in is having to deal with the consequences of being injured at work or being wrongfully terminated. Dealing with these types of situations is never easy. For one, you may be physically or mentally unable to function normally. On top of that, you may not be familiar with your state’s laws regarding workers’ compensation.
Working with a workers’ comp lawyer can help you avoid some of the following situations:
- Not receiving a fair compensation. Your employers or their insurance providers might look for reasons to limit your eligibility for support or they can miss important deadlines which keep you from getting help altogether.
- The employer denies you benefits. If you are denied altogether, you deserve the right to know whether your claim was wrongfully rejected. Many times it could be as simple as obtaining the right evidence to prove your case.
- Lifelong health issues. When the process is delayed, injured workers experience prolonged pain and the inability to properly recuperate. In the worst cases, insurance providers will attempt to deny you the needed treatments or care, causing long-term damages.
How to Know if You Are Eligible to File a Claim
Each state has a set of regulations that employers must adhere to in the event that you are injured at work or wrongful terminated.
You are eligible to file a claim if:
- You were injured at work or because of a work-related circumstance.
- You were let go without a valid reason.
- You’ve become sick due to work conditions.
If your claim is denied, you can dispute it with the assistance of a workers’ comp lawyer.
What To Do If You Are Believed To Be At Fault
It may be possible that you were injured at work but you are believed to be the person at fault of the injury, meaning you believe it was not your employer’s fault. Even if you are responsible for the incident, you still qualify for assistance. It is important to note that it may be easier to receive assistance if you work in New Mexico given that Texas does not require employers to provide coverage.
Here are your options if you were injured but you believe it was your fault:
- Seek benefits from workers’ comp. As a “no-fault” system, it is meant to help cover expenses related to your accident, such doctor’s bills or medical fees.
- Your personal insurance could help you pay for healthcare costs. You would need to check with their specific policies as they relate to your injury.
- Taking legal action could be the next necessary step as it is often crucial to evaluate the situation from a legal perspective. Often times a claim can be made following the exploration of your work conditions and the events that led up to your injury.
What To Do If You Are Denied Benefits
In the event that you are denied a claim, you will want to hire a lawyer who is well-versed in the legal process. In New Mexico, if you are denied benefits you may file a complaint with the New Mexico Workers’ Compensation Administration. The same concept applies in Texas where you can request to dispute your claim through the Division of Workers’ Compensation Insurance of the Texas Department of Insurance.
While both states have regulations in place to fight your claim, the paperwork and processes involved are often lengthy and confusing. Hiring a workers’ comp lawyer will make the process speedier and less difficult.
How Our Law Firm’s Experience Will Help You Win Your Claim
As soon as you give us a call, we will explain the required steps to fight your claim based on your unique situation. Our firm has been fighting workers’ comp cases in Texas since 1999 and has been licensed to practice in New Mexico since 2013. The level of expertise and efficiency that you will experience with our firm will put you at an advantage to receive objective advice and tremendous assistance every step of the way.
Contact Us Today.
If you’re dealing with a work-related injury or were let go without reason, please give our workplace accident lawyer a call. We can help ensure that your workers’ comp claim is successful and you receive the assistance you need to better your health. Time is of the essence and no sooner can you be on your way to getting the help you deserve. We can be reached at (915) 751-0896 in El Paso or (575) 393 – 0021 for New Mexico.