A Personal Injury Lawyer Who Will Defend You At All Costs
If you’ve experienced a personal injury in El Paso or within the state of New Mexico, then you need a personal injury lawyer who will stand by your side during this difficult time. As an experienced attorney, Javier Martinez, Jr. is the name to call on. With over two decades of experience in the legal field, Mr. Martinez defends victims involved in even the most complicated of cases. Our law firm will help you and your family secure compensation that is fair while providing you with peace of mind along the way.
What Constitutes a “Personal Injury” Case?
The term “personal injury” tends to see a lot of use in the legal field. As such, the term itself can have many broad uses. In general, a personal injury relates to an injury of the body, mind, or emotion due to another’s negligence. Car or truck accidents are incredibly common personal injury cases but there are also other examples, such as dog bites, pedestrian accidents, and slip and fall accidents. In order to seek legal damages for the loss or challenges you’ve incurred as a result of an injury, you may file a claim in court.
Types of Accidents Our Personal Injury Lawyer Works With
At the Law Office of Javier Martinez, we devote our time and energy to serving personal injury victims in the Southwest region. Below is a list of the main types of personal injury cases we work with. If you don’t see the injury you’ve sustained, simply give us a call!
Why You Need Strong Representation For A Case
The role of a personal injury lawyer is to protect you against the unknown. Filing for compensatory damages can be complicated and time-consuming. If you were injured in El Paso or within the state of New Mexico, you need an experienced attorney to successfully handle your lawsuit.
You should trust your personal injury lawyer. Javier Martinez, Jr. will:
- Understand the complex legal system and has over twenty years of experience as a lawyer.
- Provide you and your family with clarity from day one.
- Do what it takes to win your case.
- Be passionate about protecting victims in the Southwest including El Paso County and the state of New Mexico.
Mr. Martinez was born and raised in El Paso. As such, he is fully devoted to helping El Pasoans secure their health and financial security. He specializes in personal injuries in the state of Texas and New Mexico and he always put the needs of his clients first.
The Law Office of Javier Martinez, Jr., P.C. Will Defend You
As a personal injury lawyer, Javier Martinez, Jr. will ensure your health and finances are secure. While the compensation we work to achieve varies case-by-case, our role is to maximize the protection you need to support your well-being. The two categories of personal injury damages include:
- Compensatory: Compensatory damages are meant to award victims of accidents for the losses caused by their personal injury. They are meant to compensate victims for medical expenses, physical pain, suffering, mental anguish, and lost wages.
- Punitive: Punitive damages are awarded in cases where compensatory damages are deemed inadequate for the case. These cases may include recklessness, malice, deceit, fraud, or other acts of harmful behavior.
General compensatory damages we will seek include:
- Lost wages. Your injury may have required weeks or months of recovery time. We will assist you in recovering wages that were lost while you were seeking medical attention.
- Medical bills. Medical bills quickly pile up. You will need assistance paying for hospital bills, prescription medicines, medical treatment, rehabilitation, and other medical care you seek for recovery.
- Future loss of earnings.
Special compensatory damages we may also pursue include:
- Pain and suffering. Beyond physical pain, you may be suffering from psychological misery such as anxiety or depression.
- Emotional distress or mental anguish. Victims experience a range of changes including emotional distress. You may seek compensation for the mental anguish you’re suffering as a result of the injury.
- Funeral expenses. If the accident was fatal, survivors of the victim should seek assistance for the cost of funeral expenses.
- Loss of consortium. As a spouse of a victim of personal injury, you may also seek compensation for the accident that resulted in changes to your marriage such as loss of affection, sexual relations, and comfort.
- Permanent disability. If the accident left you fully or partially disabled, you are entitled to compensation that will help support your medical bills and change of lifestyle.
Get the Help You Need to Win Your Case
Defending yourself is difficult. You need a team with experience and commitment. As a personal injury lawyer for victims in El Paso and the state of New Mexico, Javier Martinez, Jr., P.C. will work diligently to win your case. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to begin taking legal action. Our law firm is happy to answer your questions and explain what the process will entail. For families who have lost a loved one through wrongful death, we are here for you. Contact us today so we can serve justice where it is deserved and provide you with peace and closure to this tragic event. Our firm will handle your case with sensitivity and care.