Car Accident Lawyer in El Paso, TX & Hobbs, NM
Here to Help You Recover in Peace
If you’ve been in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, you need to reach out to a reputable car accident lawyer. Car accidents range from mild to severe, but even a minor car accident can leave people with significant injuries and pain. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries, medical bills, damages, or loss of property. Attorney Javier Martinez is here ready to help citizens of El Paso and Hobbs.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Every day across the great Texas and New Mexican highways, thousands of motorists get in their engine-powered hunks of metal and go up to 7o miles an hour. Accidents happen and sometimes people get badly hurt.
That’s because driving involves many variables and sometimes things go wrong. A bad reaction, the incorrect split-second decision, ice on the roadway, distraction, can all have an impact on our roadways. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Distracted driving
- Road rage
- Bad weather
- Poorly lit streets
Injuries Caused By or Developed After Car Accidents
No two car accidents happen exactly the same way. Injuries vary by degree and impact people differently. If you’ve been injured, seek legal assistance as soon as possible. As a car accident attorney since 1997, we have seen how these injuries impact people’s lives.
Common injuries from automobile accidents include:
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Neck problems
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Herniated discs
- Knee injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Psychological injuries
- Skull fractures
Compensation Matters to Ensure Full Injury Recovery
Any of the above injuries affect your life in profound ways. Recovery is not always black and white. It often requires multiple trips to the doctor’s office, checkups, follow-ups, therapy, etc. All of this can compound expenses and force you to take time off work.
That’s why compensation matters.
Javier Martinez fights for just compensation to ensure you see a full recovery without crashing head-on into a pile of debt or mounting medical bills.
How Our Law Firm Can Help Your Case
As a car accident lawyer since 1997, Javier Martinez has been working to help people get just compensation for their injuries. We know how difficult it is to recover and go through medical treatment. Insurance companies don’t always have your best interest in mind. We work with you closely to build the strongest case possible and find you financial and emotional relief.
Our law firm will:
- Collect medical records
- Take and transcribe witness testimony
- Locate police reports and other evidence
- Never back down to the insurance companies
- Serve discoveries
- Take depositions
Common Automobile Accident Statistics in Texas and New Mexico
Since 2010, traffic-related deaths have risen by 34 percent in Texas. In New Mexico, a Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that residents were the second-worst drivers in the United States. New Mexico’s high number of drunk drivers contributes greatly to their vehicle accidents.
Recent 2020 car accident statistics in Texas:
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways for 2020 was a 5.66% percent increase from the previous year.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 34 seconds
- One reportable crash occurred every 1 minute and 7 seconds
- 14, 656 people sustained a serious injury from a car crash in the state
Recent 2019 New Mexico car crash reports:
- 30 percent of New Mexico crashes in 2019 resulted in an injury
- 5 percent of crashes and 42% of fatalities involved alcohol
- On average a car crash occurred every 11 minutes in the state of New Mexico
- A motorcycle was involved in a crash every eight hours
Potential Outcomes of Your Automobile Crash Case
We are always fighting for the best possible outcome in every case. We leave no stone unturned, so there’s a couple of outcomes that you can expect when filing a personal injury car accident case:
- You can expect to receive a settlement offer or choose to present your case in front of a jury
- The amount of your settlement really depends on the details of your case
What To Do After a Car Accident
Knowing what information is important when a car accident happens, can help you collect what you need after the disorienting event of a collision.
Here’s what’s important to pay attention to:
- First, move to a secure area that is away from oncoming traffic.
- Dial 911, seek medical assistance, and speak with the police.
- Gather information from the other driver such as:
- driver and passenger names
- Insurance information
- License plate numbers
- Names and phone numbers or contact info of witnesses
- Police officer names and badge numbers
- Contact a personal injury lawyer you trust. Finding legal assistance means you have someone to help you build your case, collect evidence, and present strong arguments on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accident Cases
What kind of settlement can I expect from my accident?
The amount of a settlement will depend on the specific details of your case. It’s difficult to say what may or may not apply in your case. With a trusted car accident lawyer working on your behalf, however, you double the odds of getting a settlement that covers your medical expenses and more.
How long do I have to file my personal injury claim after a car accident?
The statute of limitations in Texas and New Mexico is two years with some variations depending on the circumstances. The important thing is that you file as soon as possible in order to have a stronger case and ensure that the proper documentation and evidence are collected. If you’re not sure that you have a case, call a personal injury lawyer to get a legal opinion.
Should I drive my car after an accident?
If your car is still driveable, it’s a good idea to have your vehicle inspected before you continue driving it around. This can provide valuable information and evidence to build a case.
Connect with a Member of the Javier Martinez Team Today!
Not sure if you have a case? If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may be eligible to file for compensation. Call one of our team members today and get on the road to recovery.